Baxter Lake Labradors – White Labrador Puppy Exercise Requirements
White Labrador puppies are adorable, loving, and make amazing pets for everyone. Before you make your adoption final, you should make sure that you are prepared to care for your new puppy so that it can stay healthy and grow properly. One thing to consider is ensuring that your puppy gets enough (but not too much) exercise as it grows into adulthood.
Guidelines for Appropriate Exercise for Your White Labrador Puppy
● It is tempting to think that with all of the energy a puppy brings, the more exercise, the better. However, puppies are growing at such a fast rate, they should only exercise moderately when they are very young.
● One good guideline is to exercise your puppy for approximately five minutes for each month of life twice a day. So, if your puppy is 3 months old, moderate exercise for about 15 minutes twice a day will be perfect. As your puppy grows into an adult dog, they will have the stamina for much more exercise.
● Puppies need to learn how to walk on a leash, how to listen, and of course, to do their “business” OUTSIDE of your home. These activities are equally important as exercise for a Labrador puppy.
● A Labrador puppy needs more sleep and downtime than they need exercise. Generally, you can expect your puppy to sleep in 3-4 hour increments before they need to empty their bladder, until approximately 4 months of age. You can expect a puppy to sleep 12-16 hours in a 24-hour period, intermittently, of course.
● Many people think that white Labradors are high maintenance, but this is not the case. Once labs reach adulthood, they can be as active or as sedentary as their owner.
Experienced and Compassionate White Labrador Puppy Breeder in Minnesota
Baxter Lake Labradors breed white Labrador retrievers. We breed for good health, good temperament and looks. All of our dogs are part of our family and our puppies are raised with constant attention, love and training. We specialize in the lightest color of yellow Labrador. We love the puppies we raise as much as our own dogs and welcome updates as they grow from their forever families. WE DO NOT REHOME OUR DOGS WHEN THEY RETIRE FROM HAVING PUPPIES. We spoil and love them until they go to Heaven. We also only allow them to have litters once or twice a year, to ensure their good health and the health of the puppies. Labradors are the most popular breed in the US for good reason. These dogs are born ready to love. Baxter Lake Labradors fosters this and ensures that the puppy you adopt will be a great addition to your family. For more information, call us at (612) 309-1438.